Hatteras 54 Anteva

drjohn1969

Visit site
Does any one know about this boat, i here the engine s are blown / ducked. Any info would be very gratefully appreciated.

drjohn1969

Visit site
This is the boat but must be old advertising as it back up. But I ve been told that the port engine is ceased and the starboard is in very bad condition too. I would be interested if engines not ceased

Tranona

Visit site
Ask the broker as there is likely to be a survey that shows up any defects. Brave person to take on problem Detroit Diesels unless you have experience!

drjohn1969

Visit site
It s at auction again, I ve been trying to get it confirmed or denied, or to get them looked at but keep getting fobbed off with. More information will follow

dunedin

Visit site
This is the boat but must be old advertising as it back up. But I ve been told that the port engine is ceased and the starboard is in very bad condition too. I would be interested if engines not ceased
If it was “Sold” but the deal fell through then wise to tread very carefully. Did it fail a survey for some major defects that caused the previous “buyer” to walk away?

drjohn1969

Visit site
If it was “Sold” but the deal fell through then wise to tread very carefully. Did it fail a survey for some major defects that caused the previous “buyer” to walk away?
Reply nothing like that, it s in Ramsgate harbour in an auction sold as seen but I hear it as engine problems as mentioned above

harvey38

Visit site
Anteva has been a liveaboard for many years, the last owner collapsed aboard and sadly passed away, his estranged wife 'Gave' the boat to the marina (council) as it was racking up bills. Hence it is in the auction on April 27th, the last auction was very successful at clearing out a lot of unsightly boats and hoped Anteva will go.

There is an understanding that one of the engines has seized but I don't think anyone knows for sure but she is very neglected and would need some serious money thrown at it and any owner would still be in negative equity!

drjohn1969

Visit site
Yhea I am very wary of it up to now, there not giving any information about it, auctions don t scare me always buying cars from them so it just the next step up, And. It would be a keeper for myself

drjohn1969

Visit site
Anteva has been a liveaboard for many years, the last owner collapsed aboard and sadly passed away, his estranged wife 'Gave' the boat to the marina (council) as it was racking up bills. Hence it is in the auction on April 27th, the last auction was very successful at clearing out a lot of unsightly boats and hoped Anteva will go.

There is an understanding that one of the engines has seized but I don't think anyone knows for sure but she is very neglected and would need some serious money thrown at it and any owner would still be in negative equity!
Thanks Harvey this is as what I hear. I would of spent the money to bring it back but a engine ceased it a little to much 25k ish to get done and then probably the other costing very similar if it to is on it s way out. It s a shame it s a great looking girl.

Divemaster1

Visit site
Engine rebuild to factory spec may set one back about £1,8 - £2K per cylinder ... so £34 - 35K plus removal/install (removal should be OK on a Hatteras as I believe there is a hatch above each engine for that purpose)...

harvey38

Visit site
Thanks Harvey this is as what I hear. I would of spent the money to bring it back but a engine ceased it a little to much 25k ish to get done and then probably the other costing very similar if it to is on it s way out. It s a shame it s a great looking girl.
If you get up close (I was on the pontoon on Sunday), it's in a sorry state and in need of a lot of love.

ashtead

Visit site
It might make an attractive boat in multiple occupation if it could make it down the Thames to Kingston say -maybe renting it out students is a possible use but I’m sure others have thought of that opportunity already.

harvey38

Visit site
It might make an attractive boat in multiple occupation if it could make it down the Thames to Kingston say -maybe renting it out students is a possible use but I’m sure others have thought of that opportunity already.
They did the maths - BSS + Thames licence + insurance + upkeep + mooring fees + towing costs + management costs = It stayed in Ramsgate!

red124

Visit site
Engine rebuild to factory spec may set one back about £1,8 - £2K per cylinder ... so £34 - 35K plus removal/install (removal should be OK on a Hatteras as I believe there is a hatch above each engine for that purpose)...
Still those Detroits are a pain to sort out, I would find an engine refit to be more reasonable….

harvey38

Visit site
If anyone was seriously interested, I'd get the keys and have a very good look around the vessel. It is taking up a lot of space and not making any money for the council so I'm pretty sure they'll be no reserve but there will be a stipulation it is moved within two weeks or start paying mooring fees immediately.