Hatteras 54 Anteva

Jum

Visit site
Does any one know about this boat, i here the engine s are blown / ducked. Any info would be very gratefully appreciated.
Hi John. I’ve been told one engine is seized possibly run away and the other was very Smokey. It last went out about three years ago. This info came from a good source. It’s a real shame as it was once a lovely boat

drjohn1969

Visit site
Apparently both engines started on the 27 April, one would not shut down by push button and had to be manually shut down. Yes she was looking good last time she sold few years ago but not been looked after since I believe

Jum

Visit site
Apparently both engines started on the 27 April, one would not shut down by push button and had to be manually shut down. Yes she was looking good last time she sold few years ago but not been looked after since I believe
As far as I’m aware it hasn’t been run for at least three years. I was told it wouldn’t one engine wouldn’t shit off as it was running away possible turbo but who knows

harvey38

Visit site
All very unusual!

The winning bidder did not know the vessel had to vacate the marina within two weeks or they would have to start to pay mooring fees.

When a prospective bidder signed up for a contract to to bid and gain a bidding number, they would be legally bound to abide by the contract. These very basic terms were even made clear, verbally by the auctioneers.....................

Seastoke

Visit site
All very unusual!

The winning bidder did not know the vessel had to vacate the marina within two weeks or they would have to start to pay mooring fees.

When a prospective bidder signed up for a contract to to bid and gain a bidding number, they would be legally bound to abide by the contract. These very basic terms were even made clear, verbally by the auctioneers.....................
You have to pay somewhere.

harvey38

Visit site
Up for auction part II 🙈

Good afternoon
Special Online Marine Auction - Mon 20th to Tues 21st May 2024
We felt that Antiva did not reach a wide-enough audience at last week's auction.
This is a valuable boat and following consultation with Ramsgate Marina we are instructed to re-offer Antiva in a special online timed auction.​

Jum

Visit site
Love how they’re put a valuable boat😂. It potentially needs a pair of engines and Christ knows what after being in the water for 6 years!

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
All very unusual!

Up for auction part II 🙈

Good afternoon
Special Online Marine Auction - Mon 20th to Tues 21st May 2024
We felt that Antiva did not reach a wide-enough audience at last week's auction.
This is a valuable boat and following consultation with Ramsgate Marina we are instructed to re-offer Antiva in a special online timed auction.​
This has got ratty whiskery object written all over it. No idea of course what is actually happening but the combo of rumours, bad info, failed auctions, relisting …. Not a good story. Any purchaser that takes this on will need deep pockets.

Divemaster1

Visit site
This has got ratty whiskery object written all over it. No idea of course what is actually happening but the combo of rumours, bad info, failed auctions, relisting …. Not a good story. Any purchaser that takes this on will need deep pockets.
Or have time and a place to work ... Cylinder Kits (Liner, Piston, Piston Rings etc.) is about £300 per hole .. so £4,800 (or if Pistons are OK, about £150 per hole = £2,250) ... plus the clamshell bearings, seals (and stop solenoid for one engine) etc... so if Turbo's etc., are OK, it should set someone back around £5K in parts to re-build the engines to factory spec+ time (relatively simple step-by-step instructions with no expensive special tools required). For the right price it could be a viable project for someone with time on their hands as I believe the install in the Hatteras would give you access to do the re-build in situ...

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Or have time and a place to work ... Cylinder Kits (Liner, Piston, Piston Rings etc.) is about £300 per hole .. so £4,800 (or if Pistons are OK, about £150 per hole = £2,250) ... plus the clamshell bearings, seals (and stop solenoid for one engine) etc... so if Turbo's etc., are OK, it should set someone back around £5K in parts to re-build the engines to factory spec+ time (relatively simple step-by-step instructions with no expensive special tools required). For the right price it could be a viable project for someone with time on their hands as I believe the install in the Hatteras would give you access to do the re-build in situ...
That's surprisingly reasonable. You're right of course, for someone with the right skills and facilities that's not a major financial burden. Paying to have that work done professionally might be another matter...!

harvey38

Visit site
I thought the engines were run on auction day, could the Doctor put his stethoscope !!! on them
No but they were running fine about three years ago, they just couldn't shut one down remotely and had to go to the engine and stop it manually.

Personally, I can't see the value in it, over the years people have only taken out of the boat and put nothing in, apart from a huge TV. Is looks tired, appears to have some superficial structural damage, and most people view it as an eyesore.

The amount of people crawling over it on auction day was unbelievable and I think they were only curious or dreamers as bidding was over very quickly with only a handful of 'Bids'.

Divemaster1

Visit site

PaulRainbow

Visit site
That's surprisingly reasonable. You're right of course, for someone with the right skills and facilities that's not a major financial burden. Paying to have that work done professionally might be another matter...!
All well and good if you like working for nothing. IMO you have to add your wages to the cost, or you are repairing someone elses problems for nothing.