Newbie Schengen question

nealeholl

Visit site
Can someone please tell be what the procedure is for a UK citizen moving from one Schengen country o another, eg. from Spain to Portugal? Do I need to check out from one and into the other in the same way as if I was arriving from the UK?

Tranona

Visit site
No, unless you intend spending some time (days?) in international waters and don't want those days to count towards your 90

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
No, unless you intend spending some time (days?) in international waters and don't want those days to count towards your 90

It appears the only way to check out and stop the 90 day clock is to declare a destination outside of the EU, maybe direct to Morocco. Declaring sailing well off shore in international waters from say France to Canaries won't work.

Goldie

Visit site
It appears the only way to check out and stop the 90 day clock is to declare a destination outside of the EU, maybe direct to Morocco. Declaring sailing well off shore in international waters from say France to Canaries won't work.
I checked out of Schengen at the La Linea border control last year, and sailed the mile or so to Gibraltar. Be aware though that Gib’ is negotiating to join the Schengen area with a target date of June this year (but I believe that date is currently looking unlikely).

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
I checked out of Schengen at the La Linea border control last year, and sailed the mile or so to Gibraltar. Be aware though that Gib’ is negotiating to join the Schengen area with a target date of June this year (but I believe that date is currently looking unlikely).

The airport seems to be the stumbling point to agreement, it's military and Spain want control. Last couple of times we've tried to get into Gib Marina Bay, we anchored off LaLinea beach for a couple of days, waiting for someone to leave.