Volvo Coolant green alternative ?

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
The website doesn't quote the spec of the coolant so it's going to be difficult to be 100% that the stuff is the same.

But replicating coolant surely isn't rocket science so I'd suggest that it's OK.

Note that the chandlers in Spain sell generic yellow and green coolant which they claim is Volvo compatible and people seem to get on OK with that.

xcw

Visit site
Hi, am just snooping around and came across a possible alternative to the VP green coolant,

Products - Solve-M Solventis Marine Coolants

Claims to be to exact OEM spec etc.... claims to be compatible for top up as well as complete change.

Anyone heard of, looked into, or used this yet ??
I bought from them this year, very good service and swift delivery. Early days but all good so far.

Greg2

Visit site
How many peeps change their coolant every two years .

We put Perkins Extended Life Coolant in our engines a couple of years ago, which is said to last for 3,000 hours or three years. Our engineer removed it when we took the engines out of the boat and I was surprised to see it in a drum sitting on the boat. I was more than happy to buy some new coolant but his view is that the stuff will be good for many years and suggested that we put it back in when the engines went back in the boat this week.

Momac’s comment about about crud in the system is relevant or course but there wasn’t any sign of any in our system so I went with our engineers recommendation.