Orca attack

capnsensible

Visit site
Is this boat not from the same Charter Company that lost a boat by Barbate last spring? That boat was called Alboran Champagne. Two boats sunk from one company would be quite the hit!
I belive they are quite a sizeable company and run trips from the Med to the Canairies and the Cape Verdes. I have see them around in the Canaries quite a bit.

greeny

Visit site
Boats are still sailing through the middle of the high risk areas and getting damaged. It makes you wonder what the skippers are thinking to opt for the direct route instead of detouring around.

nortada

Visit site
Boats are still sailing through the middle of the high risk areas and getting damaged. It makes you wonder what the skippers are thinking to opt for the direct route instead of detouring around.

Which particular detour would you consider to enter the Med without using The Straits - The French Canals or if too big, South Africa and the Suez Canals❓

As this situation continues, it will be interesting to see what impact it will have (if any) on offshore sailing in the area and local insurance.

greeny

Visit site
Hi Nortada, as I'm sure you know already, its an ever moving situation. Staying shallow wherever possible seems to be the best recommendation right now. Watching the reports on orca.pt will give you a clue as to where the most interactions are occurring. So why do people sail right through the deep water area of high risk. We know that there is not a "no risk" route through the straits but why aren't skippers following the advice and reducing the risk to themselves as much as possible. The past few attacks have been out in deep water off Barbate. Exactly where you are advised not to go.
P.S. I'm just seeing reports of an "attack" off Olhao in the Algarve yesterday. Details are sketchy right now and don't say exactly what the interaction was, nor whether damage occurred.

Zing

Visit site
Which particular detour would you consider to enter the Med without using The Straits - The French Canals or if too big, South Africa and the Suez Canals❓

As this situation continues, it will be interesting to see what impact it will have (if any) on offshore sailing in the area and local insurance.
It's war, so I'm going to follow what this clever guy does:

Buy off the shelf, or better, get your chemicals here:

https://www.skylighter.com/collections/chemicals

Last edited: