Lifejacket is filthy so ….

CPD

Visit site
……. remove gas bottle and manual / auto inflator, unroll everything, and pop in the washing machine on low temp. Thoughts …… ?

jamie N

Visit site
……. remove gas bottle and manual / auto inflator, unroll everything, and pop in the washing machine on low temp. Thoughts …… ?
Hand wash by gently massaging it in a kitchen sink with a "natural" soap, once the 1st stuff has been removed.
Why wouldn't that work?

sarabande

Visit site
If the LJ is going in the machine, use as little detergent as poss, and make sure that the lid to the oral inflator tube is really tightly fastened (? gorilla tape) the bladders dont like being filled with water as it takes ages and ages to rinse clean and dry. Remove any mechanism for self inflation.

I think I'd prefer to disassemble and scrub everything by hand.

penberth3

Visit site
Hand wash only with mild soap ....

If as I suspect its the outer cover that's marked ... you could use a spray cleaner - avoiding the bladder of course. Then fresh water rinse off ..

I'll guess that's exactly what the manufacturer says!

CPD

Visit site
The question was written in haste - I should have explained that it was mould stain removal I was hoping to achieve. Special thanks to Mr @MoodySabre for his detailed and insightful thoughts. A good friend for any years :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .....