eSim

greeny

Visit site
Watching with interest. My wife just bought a new dual sim phone so she can have uk and portuguese sims in the same handset. Oops, the phone doesn't have two slots, only one, the other has to be done by e-sim. Now considering our options.

Rick Metew

Visit site

franksingleton hey,​

Registered just to give a review about this company. Although this app is the largest eSIM provider in Spain, I had a problem with activation and waited more than 2 days for a reply from the support.

During this time I reviewed a few more similar ones like https://esim-man.com/regions/western-europe and Europe eSIM | Travel Without Roaming Fees | Airalo, although they are different in price, but take a look as well. Please note this is not advice, just a recommendation to not look at the brand and familiarise yourself with all the plans available so you don't end up in the same situation as me.

Farleigh

Visit site
I use an Airalo eSIM successfully in Portugal last year and in Columbia and Panama in January. You need to look at the different packages according to where you are going. In January my eSIM didn’t cover St Lucia where I started from, but does include Portugal where my boat is so I have a 365 day eSIM for when on the boat.

franksingleton

weather.mailasail.com
I use an Airalo eSIM successfully in Portugal last year and in Columbia and Panama in January. You need to look at the different packages according to where you are going. In January my eSIM didn’t cover St Lucia where I started from, but does include Portugal where my boat is so I have a 365 day eSIM for when on the boat.
Thank you.👍

Thresher

Visit site
I can't help you with esims but for the last 3 months I have had a data only sim with DIGI here in Spain, 200gb per month for 16 euros.
I discovered by accident a couple of weeks ago that I could make phone calls and send texts messages both locally and abroad, then back in the UK I found that I could use it there too! I'll be in Portugal next week, it will be interesting to see if it works there. Vodafone were charging me £40 per month for the same service.

West Coast

Visit site
Another vote for Airalo - used it in France last year and also in Kuwait, USA, Bahrain, Qatar and Netherlands! Really easy to use, to buy extra data when needed

Daverw

Visit site
I’m looking at eSIM also as wife is going on trip to India and roaming does not work there and eSIM has been recommended

mullet

Visit site
@Daverw I used Maya Mobile for a data only eSIM on a recent trip to India. Speeds were not terribly fast but were ok for making a VOIP call. Lots of other options available, it was a toss up between several, I think Maya happened to have a plan that matched the duration of my stay better than the others.