Antares 760 thread

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
As there seem to be a few of us on here I thought I’d start a thread for tips/upgrades etc for interested parties.

My most recent mod is to the seat slider. I’ve never really been happy with the plastic chopping board arrangement so bought one of these 0E24233B-F2FF-4F67-A034-8FA027B3B316.jpeg for c£70. Works really well, lifts the seat slightly and locks well, the only downside is that it was a pig to fit due to extremely limited access to the screws into the seat. Finally managed it by using a piece of ply, two screws into the seat and two bolts into the slider unit. Ply will be tidied up when the boat comes out in October. 06690B96-700C-4480-A648-2179550B48B7.jpeg

Following on from the windlass thread, has anyone found a source for a 6mm gypsy? I’d like to bin the 8mm chain, put in 40m of 6mm and keep the 14mm 3 strand I’ve got now. I asked Jimmy Green Marine but they couldn’t suggest a solution.

Pleinmont

Visit site
Thanks for starting this 760 thread Jamie - two posts in and I've already got a new project (y) :)

My other half was on about more worktop space the other day.
I was going to cut and shape a ply board to sit between the seat and wheel but Plum's folding seat looks just the job and less to store when not in use!
I was considering a seat with a higher back but might forgo for more space to make food!

alancollins

Visit site
I replaced my original seat for another with a higher back. I bolted it to the plastic board so it would slide and fold like the original. With the seat folded we drop in a plastic bin to use as a drainage sink when washing up.

Pleinmont

Visit site
That is a good arrangement but I had a different requirement. I wanted more galley work surface so went for a hinged seat and a drop-in board.
View attachment 118394
I had a think about this at lunchtime, did you make a new wooden base for the seat and attach to the seat before fixing to the pair of hinges?
Assume it's not adjustable anymore either?

Thanks

Plum

Visit site
I had a think about this at lunchtime, did you make a new wooden base for the seat and attach to the seat before fixing to the pair of hinges?
Assume it's not adjustable anymore either?

Thanks
The piece of plywood with the square hole in it was the original attached to the seat. No longer adjustable but not a problem to me (just jealous of Jamie's comfy seat!)

www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

Plum

Visit site
The table on these boats does restrict the space between it and the galley so mine has been put in the loft for when I one day sell. I made a completely new table that folds using just one of the legs when folded with the second leg added for the full size opened table which is the same area as the original so can still be used to convert to a bed.
New folding table 1 2019_resize_8.jpg
New folding table 2 2019_resize_39.jpg

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
The table on these boats does restrict the space between it and the galley so mine has been put in the loft for when I one day sell. I made a completely new table that folds using just one of the legs when folded with the second leg added for the full size opened table which is the same area as the original so can still be used to convert to a bed.
View attachment 118440
View attachment 118441
The previous owner changed the seating to give more space (although obviously less beds). I took the opportunity to change the table, my original also in the loft. D146CCF5-DD37-4E0D-A49F-13BD17630234.jpegBD8FF7E4-AA67-422C-B824-CD5CF671FC69.jpeg

Pleinmont

Visit site
Agreed, the saloons benefit hugely from rearranging the table layout and removing parts of the seating.
Just not big enough for the original design.
I've done similar mods to you guys and the boat feels so much bigger without all the clutter there all the time.

Brake!

Visit site
New thread.
My Leroy Somer windlass G19108 is completely knackered. This windlass is no longer available.
Does anyone know of a suitable replacement. Same configuration and ideally footprint so I don't need to drill more holes in the boat.

Plum

Visit site
New thread.
My Leroy Somer windlass G19108 is completely knackered. This windlass is no longer available.
Does anyone know of a suitable replacement. Same configuration and ideally footprint so I don't need to drill more holes in the boat.
I've replied to your post in the PBO forum.

Pleinmont

Visit site
I noticed today that the sound deadening panel glued to the underside of the engine hatch had fallen off and was lying across the engine!
Not sure why - assume glue has given up the ghost

Was glued with a long swirly line of mastic.

Any ideas on a suitable foam friendly one to re-attach it?
Presume have to tape or wedge it on for a while before it sets...

Attachments

• fgr.jpg
    fgr.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 38

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
I noticed today that the sound deadening panel glued to the underside of the engine hatch had fallen off and was lying across the engine!

That looks like a double sided adhesive tape. I’ve found most things stick with Sikaflex 291i and will stay stuck from the moment you put the surfaces together.

Pleinmont

Visit site
Nice one - good old Sika - will give that a go ? :)
Its pretty heavy but fingers crossed it will hold.
Might stuff some large bubble wrap or something on top of the engine to take the weight and close the lid so it stops it peeling.

Jamie Dundee

Visit site

Looks like your neoprene seal around the engine cover has also given up. I replaced mine with this stuff, huge difference in sound repression. https://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/pdf/PEN18DS.pdf

Pleinmont

Visit site
I'd not noticed till you said that! Thanks for the link, will get a new seal ordered, assume it sticks to the wooden hatch?
Cheers