Volunteer needed to help daughter move her boat

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
Daughter needs a helping hand. Her little Pandora is being launched on Sat 28 October at Hardway SC Gosport and she needs a hand to help her take it straight round to Hornet SC Gosport where it will be lifted out.

I would normally help her but I’m in a YC dinner N of Glasgow on the Friday night and flying out to our boat first thing Sunday and there’s no way I can be there.

Is there any kind person who might help her? Her husband isn’t very competent (yet) and is staying at home with the dogs. Mast will be down and lying from stem to stern. Strictly a quick motor down the harbour and lift out again all being well.

I’ll try advertising in Hornet as well.

john_morris_uk

I could probably give a hand with this. I hope I'm being lifted out as she goes back in, so it'd probably have to be Sunday 28th for a sensibly timed tide to get off the HW pontoon.
Thank you and that’s very kind but I’m confused over your date. I’m told the lift in at Hardway is on Saturday 28th. October HW Portsmouth is 1040 and she’ll probably be lifted in first at 0830/0900. Her lift out is booked same day at Hornet and we’ve asked for as late as possible. The Pandora is bilge keel and only draws a metre or so and hopefully lift out will be at 1200 perhaps. However if she can just get the boat down to Hornet and the waiting pontoon, they will probably help her from there. Pull it into the lift with lines.

Does that fit with your plans?

mww

Visit site
I maybe able to offer assistance, could you try to PM me. I have only posted once in 12 years (now 2x), so cannot initiate a pm. ( there were a couple of msgs back in 2011, no idea why they don't count now ) Thanks.

Stemar

Visit site
Sorry, I got my dates wrong. I meant Sunday 29th. Whether or not I could help on 28th would depend when (if - I still haven't had my place confirmed) Jazzcat is lifted out. Normally, the shallow draft boats like mine are lifted first, so it should work out.

john_morris_uk

Sorry, I got my dates wrong. I meant Sunday 29th. Whether or not I could help on 28th would depend when (if - I still haven't had my place confirmed) Jazzcat is lifted out. Normally, the shallow draft boats like mine are lifted first, so it should work out.
OK. That might work but it’ll be a bit hectic for you. I guess Eowyn can go into the pontoon somewhere until Jazzcat is lifted and then you could help Abi take her down to Hornet to be lifted. I’ll try and get an estimate for the lift out time at Hornet.