Thermistor Value

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
We’ve got a fridge controller that looks like this:

https://a.co/d/ieTVr48

(There are lots of almost identical ones on the market and I suspect they’re all the same internally, probably made in China, and then rebadged by various suppliers.)

The thermistor in ours has a broken a wire close to the thermistor itself. I’ve managed to solder it back together but I’d like to buy a new thermistor. Does anybody know what value thermistor these devices use? I can see they’re available in various values, (which I assume are in ohms).

Amazon.com

Disconnecting the current one and putting my multimeter on it to see if it’s obvious which one it is involves emptying the cockpit locker and is a bit of a ‘dockyard job’. How much do these thermistors vary with temperature? Will it be obvious what the ‘nominal’ value is if I get my multimeter on it?

greeny

Visit site
We’ve got a fridge controller that looks like this:

Amazon.com

(There are lots of almost identical ones on the market and I suspect they’re all the same internally, probably made in China, and then rebadged by various suppliers.)

The thermistor in ours has a broken a wire close to the thermistor itself. I’ve managed to solder it back together but I’d like to buy a new thermistor. Does anybody know what value thermistor these devices use? I can see they’re available in various values, (which I assume are in ohms).

Amazon.com

Disconnecting the current one and putting my multimeter on it to see if it’s obvious which one it is involves emptying the cockpit locker and is a bit of a ‘dockyard job’. How much do these thermistors vary with temperature? Will it be obvious what the ‘nominal’ value is if I get my multimeter on it?
https://www.arrow.com/en/research-a... positive temperature-resistance relationship.

Google ntc 25.c =10k and see what's available in you're area and available to you may be the best bet. No good me sending links in uk/Europe is you're in the carribean but Farnell and Radio Spares have the basic thermistor available. May need to look at other sites to get he type of encapsulation you need.