Sleeping Under the Bridges...

TiggerToo

Visit site
We anchored between the moorings and the bridge.
At low water we were at "at an angle" for a hour or so...

Next time, I may look at some deeper pools upstream.

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
We are going to a concert there on the 18th March. Navigator said getting ashore and back on boardnot convenient for that time ( and launching delayed) so we will drive from Cargreen but we intend to explore some other time and to cotehele. Might explore with rubber duck first

TiggerToo

Visit site
We were back there again this weekend. This time with my wife. We actually found a good place just above the last of the Calstock moorings. We anchored in a 4m (CD) pool. The ride down to Calstock in the the dinghy was a short and easy affair. We left it by the slipway near the sailing club/pub/ice-cream parlour (all of which seemed open).
We anchored for a couple of nights, and went for walks up the Tamar Valley. Really great area to potter about.
Just as we left on Sunday, some helpful local guy came to warn us of a large submerged tree next to the shore. I guess we were lucky, but did not see it at low water.

Anyhow, I noted several deep pools on our way back down river. Maybe at "high season" there may be issues with occupancy - but at this time it was deserted and absolutely delightful. Cornwall/Devon at its best.

(Sad note: there is a sunken yacht in the Cargreen moorings; it seems a relatively recent affair, given the lack of weed on the rolled Genoa. I wonder what happened. I hope the owner will be able to retrieve something and refloat her).

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
We were back there again this weekend. This time with my wife. We actually found a good place just above the last of the Calstock moorings. We anchored in a 4m (CD) pool. The ride down to Calstock in the the dinghy was a short and easy affair. We left it by the slipway near the sailing club/pub/ice-cream parlour (all of which seemed open).
We anchored for a couple of nights, and went for walks up the Tamar Valley. Really great area to potter about.
Just as we left on Sunday, some helpful local guy came to warn us of a large submerged tree next to the shore. I guess we were lucky, but did not see it at low water.

Anyhow, I noted several deep pools on our way back down river. Maybe at "high season" there may be issues with occupancy - but at this time it was deserted and absolutely delightful. Cornwall/Devon at its best.

(Sad note: there is a sunken yacht in the Cargreen moorings; it seems a relatively recent affair, given the lack of weed on the rolled Genoa. I wonder what happened. I hope the owner will be able to retrieve something and refloat her).
The sunken yacht was struck by lightning in the big storm. From the bank folks seem to think it then caught fire

TiggerToo

Visit site

here's the spot. Absolute tranquillity

Login • Instagram