Sealine 365 Gas Strut

Dino

Visit site
Hi, a friend of mine has a Sealine 365 Sportbridge and the gas struts that assist with opening the engine hatch needs to be replaced.
The stickers are no longer legible so he’s struggling to find the replacement.
Would anyone know what rating of struts are required?
Thanks!

mcanderson

Visit site
I am in the process of replacing two on my boat for the storage area below the sunbathing platform. So this might help.

Tell your friend to have a look at this website and it will help him figure out what he needs. Home

It's pretty easy to identify the end caps and the over all length. As for the lifting ability they all come in standard forces (Nm) and Struts depot can offer a 50Nm increment. If you friend rings then they will help him as well. Shipping is very quick,

I've used them for a few things and they have been excellent all round.

No affiliation etc etc etc

jakew009

Visit site
Metrol are very helpful (we buy loads of stuff off them) and I believe the owner is a boater himself and a member on here.

Just need to measure the extended length and the rod diameter. The rest is pretty much standard. You should be able to swap the end fittings from the original.

Rather than trying to work out the force required just get a variable force one. They come with a little Allen key that you can open to let the gas out. Keep letting gas out until you have desired strength.