Petty forum members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve65

Visit site
Morning, disappointedly again I have cause to moan about this forum.
Once again I have fell foul of admin due to me advrtising on the forum. A forumite was asking if an item was available, I said i have some and told them a price.
Someone again ( guessing same person) has reported me for inappropriate advertising so my messages from the Honda float bowl thread have been removed.
Easy solution would be list them for sale....but unfortunately as I am linked to Outboard repair I was reported to be listing as a business and banned from there.
I think its absolutely hilarious ..

Davy_S

Visit site
It does seem a great shame that someone who is willing to give good (free) advice to members is singled out in this way, the forum needs people like this who are willing to help, it has happened before with other contributors from the industry, we need people who's knowledge can help others, certainly do not penalise someone for trying to help others.

Neeves

Visit site
Some people get away with blatantly promoting their business AND offering advice (every post has the member's business referenced) - there are lessons in there - but I cannot decipher them.

It IS odd - there would be advantage in Mr Lewmar or Madam Volvo posting, to explain some detail or other - but posting as Mr Lewmar/ Mdm Volvo -making it all obvious. They know, or should know their stuff - but are not encouraged. But then we don't want to be flooded with advertising disguised as posts.

We don't have too much blatant promotion - so largely the system works.

Jonathan

Boathook

Visit site
Some people get away with blatantly promoting their business AND offering advice (every post has the member's business referenced) - there are lessons in there - but I cannot decipher them.

It IS odd - there would be advantage in Mr Lewmar or Madam Volvo posting, to explain some detail or other - but posting as Mr Lewmar/ Mdm Volvo -making it all obvious. They know, or should know their stuff - but are not encouraged. But then we don't want to be flooded with advertising disguised as posts.

We don't have too much blatant promotion - so largely the system works.

Jonathan
I have my brothers business and the sailing club. Both been there since 1066 when Dan? ran this place.

Geoff A

Visit site
If the mods cant tell the difference between blatant advertising and someone trying to help others with advice on how to overcome a problem not involving or naming a company name they need to go back to school to learn the difference between advertising and helping, also how to exercise common-sense.

Plum

Visit site
Morning, disappointedly again I have cause to moan about this forum.
Once again I have fell foul of admin due to me advrtising on the forum. A forumite was asking if an item was available, I said i have some and told them a price.
Someone again ( guessing same person) has reported me for inappropriate advertising so my messages from the Honda float bowl thread have been removed.
Easy solution would be list them for sale....but unfortunately as I am linked to Outboard repair I was reported to be listing as a business and banned from there.
I think its absolutely hilarious ..
That is such a shame. You have provided such a lot of free help and advice over many years. I do hope the moderators draw the line in a more reasonable way.

Mister E

Visit site
Steve it is really annoying that you get singled out like this.
If everyone who is known to have a financial interest from their presence reported here then this site would be useless .
I wonder if others were to recommend you were contacted by message would that be considered advertising?

doug748

Visit site
Steve it is really annoying that you get singled out like this.
If everyone who is known to have a financial interest from their presence reported here then this site would be useless .
I wonder if others were to recommend you were contacted by message would that be considered advertising?

Perhaps Steve could have a signature that said: "I can sometimes help with sourcing difficult outboard parts - give me a PM" or summut like that? Or would that still be out of order?

Status
Not open for further replies.