Noise from prop area

David 01

Visit site
Hi all, I have had a noise develop from my prop area on my beneteau 42
It sounds like it is coming from directly beneath my feet at the wheel, I have taken a recording from the rear locker,
The sound comes in at about 1300rpm and goes at about 1800-1900rpm in the video I am increasing and decreasing the throttle at around the 1300rpm mark, if anybody could help that would be great and much appreciated. Thanks.

Praxinoscope

Visit site
You may find you get a better respnse with this in the 'Reader to Reader' section.
Could you describe the sound as there isn't any attachment with your post so can't even try to identify the sound.

David 01

Visit site
Thanks, much appreciated unfortunately for some reason I cannot upload the video, I will try again soon, it sounds like a slipping fan belt type of screech havnt heard it before

David 01

Visit site
If it's screech like a slipping fan belt then it is just the Cutless bearing rubbing on the shaft and not unusual.
Hi pcuk, thanks for your reply, funny enough it sounds just like that, I've never heard it before and sounds quite scary, it hasn't sounded like that before

David 01

Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I'm having her lifted out in 2 weeks and an engineer inspect everything so will soon see, il post up the outcome. Thanks again

David 01

Visit site
Thanks for all of your replies, I had the boat lifted and inspected and the propshaft is resting against the through hull so the engine is out of alignment due to a tired engine mount, was a bit of play in the cutlass so having that replaced also.