Lifejacket leaking - Hanmar Automatic

Ammonite

Visit site
What model is the Hammar unit? In my case it was an A1 that failed (twice) and the issue was supposed to have been resolved with the MA1. I think the latest version is the M2.

Elemental

Visit site
I should add that
What model is the Hammar unit? In my case it was an A1 that failed (twice) and the issue was supposed to have been resolved with the MA1. I think the latest version is the M2.
It's the A1 mod. The other failure I had a couple of years back was also an A1. They are fitted to Crewsaver LJ but I don't think that's relevant.
The reason I'm exercised about this is that my Spinlock Vito LJs are also fitted with the same unit. I don't believe the chances of extreme failure like this should go up dramatically after expiry. Sure, they're well out of date but the date should indicate the crossover between guaranteed success and some chance of failure, not "high chance of failure".

Ammonite

Visit site
Both of mine were in date when they failed and had been well maintained. My personal view is that the problem with the A1 is much more widespread than I was told and that the design is flawed. I obviously don't have the data to back that up, however having both jackets fail is enough to convince me.

PabloPicasso

Visit site
Failure of cylinders that have partly unscrewed is a well known problem. I know that is not your issue.

Recent LJs should have an additional retention system. I would use thread lock on older type LJs to prevent the cylinder coming undone