fitting an Auto Pilot pump in this compartment

simonfraser

Visit site
Hi

the starboard side already has T connectors for an AP pump

assuming the pump will fit through this hatch, i'd like to mount the pump inside this compartment, on a support that slides in / out for fitting / servicing etc

totally dumb idea ? suggestions please, tnx

aft side compartment, starboard

1703970259907.png

port side, both sides same dimensions
1703970324834.png

vas

Visit site
maybe you're overcomplicating things there...
on the 6-7yrs I had my garmin a/p on, the pump never needed anything - other than making sure the three pipe fittings where tight enough (one wasn't initially had to give it a bit more a month after but was my fault)
If it fits, you can route pipework (or have space to have longer pipes to be able to check have it running just outside the tight spot) you should be fine imho.

Last edited:

Rappey

Visit site
Fitting it in that box may amplify the noise of the pump . As above about access, its more a fit and forget item that operates faultlessly for many many years.
My seastar and raymarine system has not needed touching in 25 years

Reactions: vas

vas

Visit site
Fitting it in that box may amplify the noise of the pump . As above about access, its more a fit and forget item that operates faultlessly for many many years.
My seastar and raymarine system has not needed touching in 25 years
yep, re noise OP could try using rubber mounts for it, used them successfully on different machinery onboard.
Mine is twin diesel inboard, OP iirc is on outboards which will be much quieter making the a/p most likely audible.

jfm

Visit site
Hi

the starboard side already has T connectors for an AP pump

assuming the pump will fit through this hatch, i'd like to mount the pump inside this compartment, on a support that slides in / out for fitting / servicing etc

totally dumb idea ? suggestions please, tnx

aft side compartment, starboard

View attachment 169824

port side, both sides same dimensions
View attachment 169825
Looks a good mounting location to me. As others have said, servicing is zero/minimal so don't do too much work on slide in/out mount imho.