Big Plumbs

nicho

Visit site
Following melanoma and lymph node removal in my groin seven weeks ago, I have developed lymphoedema. My right leg resembles that of a sumo wrestler, and my scrotum is the size of a grapefruit! The latter is more than a match for any “big plumbs” out there. Not a great meeting with the surgeon yesterday, who blandly told me scans show there is more melanoma to sort but not by surgery. Now referred to Oncologist for rounds of immunotherapy starting mid April - not new but before this treatment there was a 15% chance of surviving six months - recent statistics show following immunotherapy, there’s now a 99% chance of surviving for six years. At 80 and if true I’ll take those odds!

SC35

Visit site
Following melanoma and lymph node removal in my groin seven weeks ago, I have developed lymphoedema. My right leg resembles that of a sumo wrestler, and my scrotum is the size of a grapefruit! The latter is more than a match for any “big plumbs” out there. Not a great meeting with the surgeon yesterday, who blandly told me scans show there is more melanoma to sort but not by surgery. Now referred to Oncologist for rounds of immunotherapy starting mid April - not new but before this treatment there was a 15% chance of surviving six months - recent statistics show following immunotherapy, there’s now a 99% chance of surviving for six years. At 80 and if true I’ll take those odds!

Ouch, I'm liking that "99% chance".

Ribtecer

Visit site
Good luck with it all nicho.

Sounds tough going.

nicho

Visit site
Good luck with it all nicho.

Sounds tough going.
Thanks for the support chaps. I was a bit pissed off yesterday when the (Chinese) surgeon basically said, I’ve done my bit now it’s up to Oncology. I understand this immunotherapy business is quite ground breaking, and currently for a limited number of cancers. I too hope the 99%/6 years bit is correct! Put the boat back in the water Wednesday, and bless the AD41’s after 4 months ashore, they fired up instantly. Rebuilt outdrives crisp with reassuring “clonk” when going into gear. Just need to use it now, but worst case scenario is sitting in Port Solent in the cockpit with glass of single malt👍👍

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Thanks for the support chaps. I was a bit pissed off yesterday when the (Chinese) surgeon basically said, I’ve done my bit now it’s up to Oncology. I understand this immunotherapy business is quite ground breaking, and currently for a limited number of cancers. I too hope the 99%/6 years bit is correct! Put the boat back in the water Wednesday, and bless the AD41’s after 4 months ashore, they fired up instantly. Rebuilt outdrives crisp with reassuring “clonk” when going into gear. Just need to use it now, but worst case scenario is sitting in Port Solent in the cockpit with glass of single malt👍👍
Have a good sail, put the rest behind for a while.

benjenbav

Visit site
All the best. I worked with one of the pioneers of immunotherapy back in the day and it really is a gamechanger for some conditions.

stelican

Visit site
All the best. I worked with one of the pioneers of immunotherapy back in the day and it really is a gamechanger for some conditions.
PM sent
PM sent Nicho