Bidet on a boat ?

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Hi
I have a French Au Pair that says she is willing to come sailing with me but insists on the boat having a bidet.

I only have a 24' sailing boat so space is a problem. I've been wracking my brains but the answer came to me yesterday. I thought of converting the anchor locker to become a bidet. I've always thought anchors to be a bit overrated and I could just use marinas for overnight stops. It would mean building a kind of outhouse to make it private but some marine ply and fiberglass could make it the envy of other boat owners.

Has anyone done else faced this problem /
Any tips or ideas would be welcome.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Hi
I have a French Au Pair that says she is willing to come sailing with me but insists on the boat having a bidet.

I only have a 24' sailing boat so space is a problem. I've been wracking my brains but the answer came to me yesterday. I thought of converting the anchor locker to become a bidet. I've always thought anchors to be a bit overrated and I could just use marinas for overnight stops. It would mean building a kind of outhouse to make it private but some marine ply and fiberglass could make it the envy of other boat owners.

Has anyone done else faced this problem /
Any tips or ideas would be welcome.
I too am averse to scrapeing my arse with paper. I solved the problem by putting a T Joint on the pressurised water feed to the tap in the heads and connecting a standard outside shower hose and shower head. Works fine and my ring is happy.

Wansworth

Visit site
I too am averse to scrapeing my arse with paper. I solved the problem by putting a T Joint on the pressurised water feed to the tap in the heads and connecting a standard outside shower hose and shower head. Works fine and my ring is happy.
The Japanese have solved this problem years ago why we have to use up so many trees and lug great packs of toilet rolls is a mystery

Stemar

Visit site
The Japanese have solved this problem years ago why we have to use up so many trees and lug great packs of toilet rolls is a mystery
What do the Japanese fit to their boats?

I can't help thinking that a boat big enough for a bidet is more likely to be 24 metres than 24 ft. On our 24 footer, I was glad just to have a proper head with a door that could be closed if one was agile enough.

Davy_S

Visit site
947ea2b4-74e0-49c0-a8bc-07c220d3a6a4_1.e1f285f2ba7b99aa4f90c8f6c605b456.jpeg