Auto changeover switch

harvey38

Visit site
Morning all,

Having refitted the galley and the 240v system is now being replaced so it is time to rethink the inputs, there is a single 13A socket directly from the 2000w inverter then an antiquated manual changeover for the genset/shore power.

Ideally I would like the inverter to feed directly into the consumer unit along with the genset and shore power via an automatic changeover switch but I can only find a twin changeover unless I go for an industrial type. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Why not fit an auto changeover switch for shore power and inverter and keep the manual switch for the genset ? After all, you will have to manually start the genset, so turning a switch isn't a big deal.

harvey38

Visit site
Why not fit an auto changeover switch for shore power and inverter and keep the manual switch for the genset ? After all, you will have to manually start the genset, so turning a switch isn't a big deal.
I'd prefer to have everything on one switch Paul, worst case I assume I could get a three way manual changeover?

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I'd prefer to have everything on one switch Paul, worst case I assume I could get a three way manual changeover?
Yes, you can do that. Also consider which circuits you would not want to be on with the inverter. For instance, battery charger, calorifier etc. So rather than the usual 3 way switch, get on with enough ways to only allow those devices to be powered from shore power or the genset.