All rubber Cutlass bearing - NOT a Jeanneau, Beneteau

onesea

Visit site
Just remover my cutlass bearing, the boat is long keel with appature for propeller. Prop shaft 3/4” dia I need to get my callipers down to check but (32mm )1 1/4” housing.

Any one ever met this before? Or know where to get one. Great system to remove cutlass bearing, insert small screw driver and rotate it round to brake join and a pair of players it just pulled out. 5 minutes job done.

Now where do I get a new one?

Tranona

Visit site
Nobody uses rubber now. Stuart Turner used it in their stern gear bit most people have converted to cutless now and I am not aware of any supplier. The alternative if you don't want a fluted bearing is to have one made of something like Vescomite. However given that it is a standard cutless size can't see any reason not to use one.

coperlio

Visit site
It sounds like you successfully removed the cutlass bearing from your long keelboat with a propeller aperture! That's a great job, especially using the screwdriver trick to break the seal.
Finding a replacement bearing shouldn't be too difficult. While 3/4" or 32mm seems likely for the shaft diameter, double-check it with calipers for precise measurement. Do the same for the housing diameter (1 1/4"). Having exact measurements will ensure you get the perfect fit. Many online retailers sell cutlass bearings. You can search for "cutlass bearing 3/4 shaft 1 1/4 housing" at https://en.tradebearings.com/bearing.html or similar based on your measurements.

onesea

Visit site
It sounds like you successfully removed the cutlass bearing from your long keelboat with a propeller aperture! That's a great job, especially using the screwdriver trick to break the seal.
Finding a replacement bearing shouldn't be too difficult. While 3/4" or 32mm seems likely for the shaft diameter, double-check it with calipers for precise measurement. Do the same for the housing diameter (1 1/4"). Having exact measurements will ensure you get the perfect fit. Many online retailers sell cutlass bearings. You can search for "cutlass bearing 3/4 shaft 1 1/4 housing" at https://en.tradebearings.com/bearing.html or similar based on your measurements.
This is an old post not but I could not source an all rubber bearing, however I used the laminated paper one phenyl?