69 immigrants attempt to enter Lowestoft

Concerto

Visit site
There must have been forward warning from Belgium Customs as it would be most unlikely for 69 people to board a fishing vessel in a dock to get onboard unnoticed.

Seeing the port on the stern of Charlestown, I decided to see if she was a British boat. Well it shows as for sale in Riga, Latvia.
Yacht Charter - 2Yachts
Look at the estimated running costs, especially the imsurance cost compared to the crew wages.

Easticks28

Visit site
There must have been forward warning from Belgium Customs as it would be most unlikely for 69 people to board a fishing vessel in a dock to get onboard unnoticed.

Seeing the port on the stern of Charlestown, I decided to see if she was a British boat. Well it shows as for sale in Riga, Latvia.
Yacht Charter - 2Yachts
Look at the estimated running costs, especially the imsurance cost compared to the crew wages.
Former fishing cutter for sale in Riga for a realistic price. Currently used for passenger transport. :ROFLMAO:

WF36

Visit site
80 migrants died off the African coast trying to get to the Canaries.
This will continue for as long as people accommodate arriving migrants.

My ex UK Border Force friend did suggest that the hardest part now is returning them.

CLB

Visit site
Looks like their panned worked almost 100%. In fact it worked better than expected, as they landed in Harwich rather than Lowestoft ;)

Poignard

Visit site
They are Albanian nationals
So I believe, (all except one I understand), but if an unscheduled plane load of impoverished, desperate and probably handcuffed, individuals claiming to be British but having no documentation to prove it, accompanied by foreign uniformed security force personnel, attempted to land at Heathrow, I would be surprised if our authorities allowed it.

As always with suggestions such as yours, they fall at the first hurdle: practicality.

Poignard

Visit site
Fill the tanks with diesel and send it back whence it came. It got here, it'll get back.
How flippin hard is that?
Very hard.

We have something in this country called "the law" and, like it or like it not, and inconvenient as it may sometimes be, it is likely to be invoked to prevent people being loaded onto boats against their will and sent where they don't want to go.

As always with suggestions such as yours, they fall at the first hurdle: practicality.