Temporary Admission EU with EU resident on board.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Legally I know that there is no problem having an EU resident guest on board when entering or cruising in the EU as long as the non EU resident owner is on board. My concern is whether EU customs officers know it - Greek customs in my case. Does anyone have direct experience of arriving in Greece with a VAT unpaid boat and an EU resident on board. Slight aggravating factor in my case is that the owners, although resident outside the EU, will be travelling on EU passports but with strong proof of residency.

srm

Visit site
Sorry, can not give a definitive answer as much depends of the local official's understanding (or otherwise) of the rules.
Just wondering which is the lesser evil, paying EU VAT or residing in a Greek jail?

Last edited:

Irish Rover

Visit site
Sorry, can not give a definitive answer as much depends of the local official's understanding (or otherwise) of the rules.
Just wondering which is the lesser evil, paying EU VAT or residing in a Greek jail?
Thanks and sorry, my reply is going to be as unhelpful to you, as yours was to me, because I've never done either.

Reactions: srm