First time new route to boat.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Check in online for all flights, days beforehand. No check baggage. Could add fast track to the outbound flight from STN for a few quid if that buys extra peace of mind.

This thread is making a mountain out of a molehill.

wonkywinch

Visit site
TUI fly to PVK from a couple of UK airports. I expect you could also fly them from inside the EU to PVK but you'd need to check their website as their flights, being a charter co, don't show up on the search engines like Skyscanner or Google Flights.

We used them to get to Skiathos last year and it was a lot more convenient to drive from Hamble to Luton then fly direct than go on BA from Heathrow and change in Athens (timings meant a night in Athens each way).

How about Corfu, then the ferry across and a bus?

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Check in online for all flights, days beforehand. No check baggage. Could add fast track to the outbound flight from STN for a few quid if that buys extra peace of mind.

This thread is making a mountain out of a molehill.
I agree, but for me that molehill could turn into a mountain very quickly. I have looked at fast track at Stansted and queuing for security checks is all they do. I will have to that once at Stansted, but it is the Queuing for passport control which I have to do twice is what concerns me. According to Stansted web page security waiting time is average 10 minutes. I already have boarding passes for both flights, and no checked bags. In this 21st century I should be OK.

The web page does not mention the automatic passport readers the other airports have. The last time I checked into UK over twenty years ago, there were two passport lanes. One for UK and another for "others" is that still the same?

Anyway I have decided to risk it and post my experience Friday or Saturday. Assuming they have WiFi.

Last edited:

BurnitBlue

Visit site
There are automated readers for passports. There is also a passport fast track. And UK passport holders are in with EU and EEA but separated from rest of world.
Excellent information. Found passport fast track for flights inbound so I booked £6 got a bar code for the fast lane. Also found security out bound fast track and outbound passport control fast track. Could not book that because a input drop down wanted my date and time to enter. OK for date but the time drop down selection was in increments of 15 minutes which seemed important to them. This is beyond my control so I will leave that part until I get there.

See, I made a mole out of a mountain post but got tips to (maybe) avoid the mountain. Thanks everyone I am very gratefull.

wonkywinch

Visit site
Great news that you're sorted, but I find it irritating that we have to pay a supplement for people to do their job efficiently. Airports should be ashamed of themselves packaging up "fast track" like some kind of first class service.

Someone sent me a letter by second class post the other day, I can't imagine the horrific journey it must have had down the back of the van whilst all the first class post was enjoying a lobster dinner in a reclining post bag.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Excellent information. Found passport fast track for flights inbound so I booked £6 got a bar code for the fast lane. Also found security out bound fast track and outbound passport control fast track. Could not book that because a input drop down wanted my date and time to enter. OK for date but the time drop down selection was in increments of 15 minutes which seemed important to them. This is beyond my control so I will leave that part until I get there.

See, I made a mole out of a mountain post but got tips to (maybe) avoid the mountain. Thanks everyone I am very gratefull.
There’s no checking of timeslots in the outbound security fast track. Just turn up and scan your barcode.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Great news that you're sorted, but I find it irritating that we have to pay a supplement for people to do their job efficiently. Airports should be ashamed of themselves packaging up "fast track" like some kind of first class service.

Fast track is optional. For people in a hurry or who can’t for whatever reason risk a delay